Fire in West Covina leaves behind a thick blanket of soot
A lot of work went in to restoring this home after a thick blanket of soot covered absolutely everything in it. #gratefultohelp
This sweet little lady’s home caught fire in the family room. Thankfully the West Covina Fire Department quickly extinguished the flames and saved her home from burning to the ground. Since smoke and soot filled every room our SERVPRO Team we was invited to inspect the extent of the damages. Structurally the house was determined to be sound so our job was to removed the particles of soot and the burnt smell. Our work began by cleaning every item and surface top to bottom. A lot of hard work and a detailed cleaning of every piece of furniture, and precious belonging restored the home. The rich reward and satisfaction of helping one of our community members in their time of need, means the world to us! We love our job!!
How to Prevent Fire in your SOCAL Home
Damage happens so quickly! Flames from the oven began to melt this microwave, spreading the awful smell of burnt plastic throughout the home.
Each year fires occurring during the fall and winter seasons injure more than 2500 people and cause more than $390 million in damages. Please keep your family safe by reviewing with them a few of the ways that we have seen home fires begin:
- Do not overload electrical outlets, this is SUPER DANGEROUS!
- Do not leave empty plastic home fragrance plug in cartridges in outlets
- Avoid burning candles, but if used, keep under close watch
- Keep candles and lights away from combustible materials like paper and fabric
- Before leaving for the day, going to bed at night or leaving a room, turn off and unplug all lamps, chargers and electrical appliances
- Do not charge phones, tablets or laptops on soft surfaces like carpet, beds or sofas, etc.
- When operating a microwave nevert use paper goods, fabric or metal inside it
- If cooking food on the stove top or in the oven, do not leave unattended
Through utilizing Fire & Safety Tips aim to prevent a fire from ever starting in your home. However, accidents do at times occur so please take the time to test your smoke alarms and remember to test annually and replace them every 10 years. If smoke damage does affect your property, please call out the professionals with the expertise & experience to provide complete fire restoration services and odor removal.