Odor Removal Desperately Needed in Orange County
A handyman working in the next door townhome was using a torch to make a repair when a spark ignited the insulation between the two units. A fire ignited and smoldered causing smoke damage to the units. Although the townhouse was fully engulfed in smoke, this seemingly dissipated once doors and windows were opened to air out the place. However, the smoke and more predominantly the ODOR left its ‘mark’ on walls, ceilings, floors, furniture and everything in between.
Sometimes depending on the type of fire, dark soot will be visible other times such as in this case, you know its presence based on the obnoxious smoke stench.
SERVPRO of West Covina was called in to do the smoke and odor removal. In addition to cleaning the structure from top to bottom, the clothing and linens were also permeated with a smoky smell. Because of the extent of the damages and need to return the home to its preloss condition ur twelve team members on this loss were able to complete this extremely detailed cleaning of removing every tiny smoke particle including the ones making its way into every crack, crevice and cabinet as dishes, glasses, cutlery were all requiring a good and thorough washing.